Re: Projection media type in fullscreen browser mode

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 04:11:48 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Aryeh Gregor<Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> The mode sounds useful, but I don't think treating all use of
>> full-screen as media type projection is a good solution here.  If you
>> want a plain old screen stylesheet, and aren't providing a separate
>> projection stylesheet -- i.e., you're 99.97% of websites out there --
>> you would want full-screen mode to render exactly like screen.

> Have you actually done any testing here?  Opera's fullscreen mode
> responds to *both* "screen" and "projection".  Anything you specify as
> applying to "screen" will still work just fine when Opera is
> fullscreened.  You can just *also* load special rules that only apply
> in fullscreen mode by wrapping them in a "@media projection" rule.

To clarify, if the projection media type is used anywhere it will render
to that media type and ignore "screen". If there is nothing
projection-specific it will render to "screen" media.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA