RE: Gradient syntax proposal

From: David Perrell <davidp@hpaa.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:42:26 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "Brad Kemper" <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>, "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
| Indeed, if you're sizing it.  Normally a gradient auto-sizes to the
| size of the box, though, so you don't have any problem with this.

Assuming a gradient is equivalent to an image and has background-repeat:no-repeat, I expect the gradient to clip to its background-size, allowing a larger underlying gradient to show through around the edges. And if a gradient's background-size is smaller than the background-clip dimensions and has background-repeat:repeat, I expect the gradient box to repeat as an image would. (This could actually be quite useful.)

David Perrell