Re: [CSS21] Adding the prefix -tc- to the informal list in 4.1.2.2

Stewart Brodie wrote:
> Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> The company TallComponents asks for the prefix -tc- to be added to the
>> informal list of known vendor prefixes in CSS 2.1.
>>
>> I have no objection.
>>
>> (I've added the question as issue 113 to
>> http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/css2.1)
>
> That seems to have been renumbered as issue 136 now.
>
> This is a question, not an objection to the issue concerned: what criteria,
> if any, apply to adding names to this section?  For example, could I request
> that our -ant- prefix be added?  Do the vendor extensions in question have
> to be in shipping code?  Do the vendor extensions have to be documented
> publically?

I don't think we've really come up with criteria for this list.
It's meant to be an example, not a registry. So far we've added
extensions in without much discussion, since editing the example
is just an editorial change.

I would say that, if the vendor extension is not used in shipping
code or is not documented publicly, there is no reason for the
spec to mention it. It'll just confuse people.

~fantasai