Re: [css3-fonts] Quoted font family names

On 8/9/2009 7:07 AM, François REMY wrote:
> What about a sentence like :
>
> Font family names SHOULD be quoted, but User-Agents MAY support
> unquoted names. To avoid problems, it's strongly recommended to
> quote font names containing more than one word.
>
> ?

I think that changing that to a MAY would be bad for compatibility
reasons. It would seem fine to recommend it, although I would put "for
consistency" or some other, more specific rationale than "to avoid
problems" in there. The word "strongly" also seems a little strong IMO;
I have yet to encounter a case where someone used a font that had a name
requiring that it be quoted.