Re: Shadows vs. layout

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 16:34:26 -0500
To: Jonathan Kew <jonathan@jfkew.plus.com>
Yes, there would be a discrete jump at some point when you grew/
shrank, as opposed to a scrollbar just coming in at the smallest
possible value.  It could also mess with JS-created scrollbars trying
to key off scrollWidth/scrollHeight.  It probably isn't possible to do
this well, but I thought I'd suggest it as another possible solution.

On another note, WebKit also supports box-reflect, a CSS property for
doing reflections of objects.  I am wondering whether reflections
should be considered layout overflow or purely visual overflow.
Unlike shadows they can be quite large.  I'm on the fence about what
type of overflow a reflection would be.... anyone have any opinions?

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)