Re: [css21][css3-selectors] case-insensitive attribute values

On Wednesday 2009-04-01 17:33 +0200, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I was wondering if there was any chance I could convince implementors to
> remove the magic list of attribute names whose values are matched again
> in an ASCII case-insensitive way when the style sheet is associated with
> an HTML document. The list mainly consists of obsolete presentational

I'd be ok with saying that attribute values in attribute selectors
are matched case-sensitively.

One other data point:  Gecko changed, relatively recently, from
listing the attributes that are case-sensitive (which meant unknown
attributes were case-insensitive, which seemed bad) to listing the
ones that are case-insensitive (and thus treating unknown attributes
as case-sensitive, which seems better to me).

-David