Re: [Backgrounds/Borders] What to do when a border-image fails to load

Brad Kemper wrote:

> I don't really see a very strong use case for basing percentages in this
> scaling set of numbers on the border-image area (presumably
> the border-image area before offsets are applied?). It *would* allow
> large circular corners that scaled with the width and/or height of the
> border box. But

Ok, if there's no use case then we can remove them.

> ... what would be more useful would be the ability to scale
> the image edge parts by the same percentages, so that specifying 50%
> would result in image parts that were predictably half of their original
> size on the screen (and full resolution when printed).

You're still stuck on this idea that solving the image resolution
problem requires the ability to scale down the image. There are
more appropriate and more general ways to solve this problem, like
using vector images for drawings, or actually associating a
resolution with bitmap images. I'm not disputing that this is a
problem worth solving. I'm disputing that we should solve it here
in border-image by giving explicit scaling factors, and thereby
not solve it everywhere else where it is equally relevant.

~fantasai