Re: [Proposal] CSS 'tooltip' Property

From: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 5:29 AM, François REMY
> <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>> This property should have the same effect as the 'title' attribute on
>> XHTML
>> documents.
>> I propose that because I just have seen that there's no way to emulate
>> this
>> attribute in CSS.
>>
>> What do you think about it ?
>
> How would it work?  I assume something like:
>
> foo { tooltip: "I'm a popup!  Sort of."; }
>
> Is this correct?

Yes, it's how the title attribute works (with a string).
But maybe we can have more options in CSS by adding keywords.

Some ideas we can evaluate :

    [follow-mouse / keep-position (default)]? : Say if the tooltip follow
the mouse (moves at the same time the mouse moves) or if it stay static
(normal behavior of a tooltip)

    [<length> <length> | auto (default)]? : Position of the tooltip
relatively to the mouse; negative length are computed as 0px.

Fremy