Re: [Backgrounds/Borders] What to do when a border-image fails to load

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 08:14:51 -0700
Cc: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

On Apr 9, 2009, at 6:15 PM, fantasai wrote:

> Ok, this is now in the Editor's Draft:
>  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#the-border-image-property

I'm still reading it, but I noticed there seems to be something
missing from this sentence:

If the keyword ‘auto’ is given after the slash, Otherwise, the four
lengths specify offsets from the the top, right, bottom, and left
sides of the border-image area, respectively.

> I think I addressed all the comments and suggestions here. Please
> take a look and let me know what you think.
>
> Also, Brad, if you could write up some examples for this section
> so it's not so much dry prose that'd be great. :)

Sure. Let me know (offlist is fine) where you think they might be
needed the most. If you want figures/illustrations, they tend to be
large in order to make a point, but perhaps there are some things that
can be shown with smaller pictures. You are also free to use any of
what I created already.