Re: [Backgrounds/Borders] What to do when a border-image fails to load

Brad Kemper wrote:

>> border-image: url(Aladdins_Lamp.png) 4 125 141 44 // 0px 14px 12px
>> 27px / stretch round;
>
> Yes, that works for me (except no third slash before the "stretch round"
> part). Note that currently in the WD, omitting the second set of numbers
> means that the image border width will be equal to the border-width
> property value, which is much less useful that just having a 1 to 1
> correspondence between image pixels and CSS pixels.

It depends on what you're trying to do and whether you're using vector
images or not. If you want to give the border some texture but not to give
it shape, then you'd want to match the border-width. I can see the
usefulness of an easy way to say "use the intrinsic size", but I think
there should also be a way to say "use the given border-width".

I'll note that we probably also want to allow percentages for the
border-image widths here.

~fantasai