Re: [Backgrounds/Borders] What to do when a border-image fails to load

Brad Kemper wrote:

> I written up a proposal that I think solves this problem, plus a couple
> others that I think are even bigger for authors. I'd appreciate it if
> everyone could take a look and let me know what you think. In the
> following link, I describe three problems (including this one), and a
> nice solution that I would love to see implemented:
>
> http://www.bradclicks.com/cssplay/border-image/Thinking_Outside_The_Box.html

Great writeup. I think we still have some details to work out here,
but overall I would also like to see this put in the spec. So unless
we get major objections here (which seems unlikely given that roc and
hyatt agree), I intend to do exactly that. :-)

BTW, I did get a suggestion over IRC that maybe border-image should be
a shorthand for multiple properties, e.g.
   background-image-source: <url>
   background-image-slice: <integer>{1,4}
   background-image-widths: <length>{1,4}
   background-image-outset: <length>{1,4}
Seems useful if you want to flip the image back and forth without
changing the sizes, but other than that I have no comment atm.

~fantasai