Re: CSS3 missing selector

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:15:53 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
Giovanni Campagna wrote:

>>> Anyway, Selectors Level 3 is currently a Last Call WD, so new features
>>> won't be accepted. You should wait until Selectors Level 4.
>> Its not too arly to start making a list of things we'd like to see in
>> Selectors Level 4, is it?
>
> Well, there is already one at <http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/selectors4>
> but I still think that it is too early to talk about Level 4.
> Selectors Level 3 are yet to finish.

It's definitely not too early to track issues we'll want to consider
when we start drafting Selectors Level 4. Feel free to add a pointer
to this thread to that page. (If it's locked down, let me know and
I'll release it.)

I'll also note that pseudo-classes are much, much preferable to
pseudo-elements from an implementation point of view. Some of the
gnarliest parts of Gecko are due to pseudo-elements.

~fantasai