[css3-transitions] Concerns about DOM Event interfaces being part of CSS-family specification

From: Sergey Ilinsky <castonet@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:31:50 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

Hi,

I have concerns about DOM Event interfaces defined in the "CSS Transitions Module Level 3" that is to become part of the CSS family standards. Knowing in rough details the architecture of the web technologies I think a CSS specification should not host any DOM events, since, for example, this dependency cannot be satisfied in case when a User Agent doesn't support DOM events (that I believe is not necessary). This also tightens the separated concerns of DOM, XML and CSS in a unprecedented way.

Or, maybe I am mislead, and the specification in question and it is actually not considered as part of CSS family?

Ilinsky Sergey/