Re: [Css Variables] Variable Declaration Blocks

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:53:32 +0200
To: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

David Hyatt wrote:
> It's off pending a decision of any kind. :)  The feature works well, but
> it seems everyone has his/her own idea of how this feature should work,
> and nobody has the same opinion.  I'm basically disgusted at this point
> and giving up on the whole feature.

1. the original implementation worked beautfully
2. you and I perfectly know that if you raise a finger,
    users request your whole arm
3. the original proposal covers _precisely_ the request #1
    of extension to CSS since 1998

I urge you to reconsider this decision and implement at least
the original proposal. Having an implementation will drastically
help having the feature in more implementations and reach