Re: SVG clip-path, mask and filter for non-SVG content

On Sep 15, 2008, at 01:19 , Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> I've updated my proposal to remove everything other than the changes
> to those three properties:
> http://people.mozilla.com/~roc/SVG-CSS-Effects-Draft.html

Overall I like it, I only have a few small nitpicks:

  - I don't think that the API being called "getBoundingClientRect"
entails that the matching prose term needs be "bounding client rect".
I'm pretty sure you can go with "bounding client rectangle" and people
will understand.
  - I reckon "pseudo-stacking-context" should be an entry in the
terminology section. My understanding is that the behaviour you want
is the one in CSS 3 Color (http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-color/
#transparency). Given that that's a WD, the simplest might be to just
copy the text over.
  - The language needs to be a little bit more spec-like, notably
regarding conformance criteria.

But you might not want to worry about any of the above as none of it
changes the actual functionality that you're describing. It's the sort
of change that an editor could very quickly make if there's consensus
on the content.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/