Re: [page][gcpm] should a named page start on a new page?

marbux wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:41 AM, HÃ¥kon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com> wrote:

>> This is not possible in any current proposal. I can understand you
>> don't want the blank to to have headers/footers, but do you really
>> want the page not to be counted?
>
> More an issue of what the customer wants. During my years of printing
> books for small press publishers, some customers wanted it one way,
> some the other.  (My first career was as a typographer.)

Can you explain what benefit your customers saw in
having blank pages not counting towards "pages so far" ?

In every book that I have encountered (which is no small
number), and focussing only on those from a Western culture
(because of the reverse binding conventions of some Asiatic
languages), odd numbered pages were invariably recto,
even numbers verso.  Can you cite any instance of
a Western-culture book that does not adhere to this ?

Philip TAYLOR