Re: border-radius on replaced elements

brkemper@comcast.net wrote:

> Oh. You mean if a border radius is set directly on the IMG itself.
> True, I misunderstood. However, that still only makes sense if
> "overflow: hidden" actually hides the part of the content that is
> outside of the curve of the border-radius.* And, my examples show
> that it does not, except for background properties.

So, testing an implementation doesn't prove what's in the spec. :)

> So, I suppose I am proposing that the curve of the border-radius
> DOES act as a mask of its contents, if the element with the
> border-radius is set to "overflow: hidden" (or any overflow value
> other than "visible").

   # Backgrounds, but not the border-image, are clipped to the inner,
   # resp., outer curve of the border if ‘background-clip’ is
   # ‘padding-box’ resp., ‘border-box’. Other effects that clip to
   # the border or padding edge (such as ‘overflow’) also must clip
   # to the curve.

I added that second sentence in there months ago.

~fantasai