RE: [CSS21] Collapsing Margins

I think you are right, collapsing-margins-03 works correctly only in firefox.

-----Original Message-----
From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Bruno Fassino
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 1:31 PM
To: Alex Mogilevsky
Cc: www-style
Subject: Re: [CSS21] Collapsing Margins

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 9:26 PM, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:

> IE8 also handles this correctly (although there is a thin red stripe in the bottom, from an unrelated bug).
>
> [1] http://lachy.id.au/dev/css/tests/adhoc/collapsing-margins-01.html
> [2] http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css2.1#issue-14

IE8 beta 2 does not seem to render correctly this:

http://lachy.id.au/dev/css/tests/adhoc/collapsing-margins-03.html

the green box should be just 21px below the top of the page.

It also does not render correctly the first two test cases here

http://brunildo.org/test/collminmax.html

(it seems that in presence of min-height there is never collapsing and
the bottom-margin of the last child is always "enclosed".)

--
Bruno Fassino http://www.brunildo.org/test