Re: [css3-gcpm] float: footnote

From: Joshua Cranmer <Pidgeot18@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 18:14:22 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Ambrose Li <ambrose.li@gmail.com>, howcome@opera.com, www-style <www-style@w3.org>

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> For non-paged media, I'd prefer deferring this to the Generated &
> Replace Content module [1], as that's exactly what it aims to do.
> It's very clever about it, too!
>
> [1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-content/
I think a fair amount of the new properties and values in CSS3-GCPM
could be moved to CSS3-Content, as they seem applicable outside of paged
media (e.g. a lot of the float stuff, hyphenation, counter styles). I
brought up float: footnote in particular since its present definition
does not make sense outside of paged media yet nothing about it prevents
it from being specified legally in non-paged media, AFAICT.

--
Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth