Re: [css3-gcpm] float: footnote

Ambrose Li wrote:
> 2008/9/3 Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>:
>
>> Also sprach Joshua Cranmer:
>>  > given that float: footnote is not defined elsewhere, I am assuming that
>>  > the draft would need some definition of this for non-paged media,
>>  > especially screen media.
>>
>> What should the definition be?
>>

> If there is no obvious definition, perhaps it should be something that
> can be defined using CSS?
>
> After all, footnotes on the screen is not a crazy idea; it's just
> currently unachievable.

It seems to me like a good default should be to float the footnotes to
the end of the innermost block-level element. I don't think that's
CSS-specifiable, but using float: to()/ content: from() gets close.

--
Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth