Re: [css3-gcpm] float: footnote

From: Ambrose Li <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 17:09:35 -0400
To: howcome@opera.com
Cc: "Joshua Cranmer" <Pidgeot18@verizon.net>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>

2008/9/3 Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>:

> Also sprach Joshua Cranmer:
>  > given that float: footnote is not defined elsewhere, I am assuming that
>  > the draft would need some definition of this for non-paged media,
>  > especially screen media.
>
> What should the definition be?

If there is no obvious definition, perhaps it should be something that
can be defined using CSS?

After all, footnotes on the screen is not a crazy idea; it's just
currently unachievable.

--
cheers,
-ambrose

The 'net used to be run by smart people; now many sites are run by
idiots. So SAD... (Sites that do spam filtering on mails sent to the
abuse contact need to be cut off the net...)