Re: border-radius

From: Brad Kemper <brkemper.comcast@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 08:55:16 -0700
Cc: Nick_Hofstede@inventivegroup.com, www-style@w3.org
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

On Sep 3, 2008, at 1:39 AM, fantasai wrote:

> Nick_Hofstede@inventivegroup.com wrote:
>> The usecase I had in mind was a border-collapsed table with rounded
>> outer corners. Think a rounded upper-left corner like the slashdot
>> stories have.
>>          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>       XX^^                      X                         X
>>      X^                         X                         X
>>     XX                          X                         X
>>     X        First Cell         X      Second Cell        X
>>     X                           X                         X
>>     X                           X                         X
>>     X                           X                         X
>>     XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>
> That's covered by the previous paragraph. This one's just talking
> about internal table elements (like rows and cells).

What about TBODY? The above example would also be useful on a table
body. or something like this, in which the radius for the table or
tbody is larger than the row height:

           XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
         XX^^          |          ^^XX
        X^ ____________|_____________^X
       XX              |              XX
       X               |               X
       XX _____________|____________  XX
        Xv             |             vX
         XXvv          |          vvXX
           XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

> I agree with
> David Baron that defining and implementing curved borders for
> internal table elements is complicated and I don't think it would
> be worth doing, at least not right now.

If so, then I think then there should be a note that it will be
tackled in a future spec, and that until that time, border radii on
TRs and TDs (and TBODYs and THEADs?) must be ignored.