Re: border-radius

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 01:39:23 -0700
To: Nick_Hofstede@inventivegroup.com
CC: Brad Kemper <brkemper.comcast@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org

Nick_Hofstede@inventivegroup.com wrote:

> The usecase I had in mind was a border-collapsed table with rounded
> outer corners. Think a rounded upper-left corner like the slashdot
> stories have.
>
>           XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>        XX^^                      X                         X
>       X^                         X                         X
>      XX                          X                         X
>      X        First Cell         X      Second Cell        X
>      X                           X                         X
>      X                           X                         X
>      X                           X                         X
>      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That's covered by the previous paragraph. This one's just talking
about internal table elements (like rows and cells). I agree with
David Baron that defining and implementing curved borders for
internal table elements is complicated and I don't think it would
be worth doing, at least not right now. For the table element
itself I agree it makes sense.

~fantasai