Re: CSS3 @font-face / EOT Fonts

From: Brad Kemper <brkemper.comcast@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:12:17 -0700
Cc: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "bert@w3.org" <bert@w3.org>
To: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>

On Oct 20, 2008, at 4:35 AM, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:

> The answer is that Microsoft had a product that had functionality
> that we consider wrong. Microsoft has admitted it was a mistake and
> removed the feature.

Or, put another way, the people working on the Silverlight project
quite reasonably assumed that they had no role in policing the linking
actions of authors, since client-side Web software usually doesn't
concern itself with policing copyright. Then their bosses realized
what was going on and reminded that team of the draconian stance
Microsoft had taken on the issue. And instead of changing the
unreasonable stance, they asked their team to partially cripple the
software.

Does Flash suffer from the same DRM-inhibited embedding policies?