From: rocallahan@gmail.com [mailto:rocallahan@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Robert O'Callahan
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 12:09 PM
To: Alex Mogilevsky
Cc: www-style@w3.org; bert@w3.org
Subject: Re: CSS3 @font-face / EOT Fonts

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com<mailto:alexmog@microsoft.com>> wrote:

Silverlight 2 is in fact different, it has removed support for loading bare TTF files from markup.

OK, but it can still load and use bare font files via the WebClient and FontSource APIs, if this documentation is accurate.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc189021%28VS.95%29.aspx (Search for references to fonts and FontSource)

Is there some degree of syntactic inconvenience that makes serving of bare TTF files acceptable?

Rob
--
"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all." [Isaiah 53:5-6]