Re: CSS3 @font-face / EOT Fonts

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 23:08:34 +1300
To: "Alex Mogilevsky" <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "bert@w3.org" <bert@w3.org>
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>wrote:

>  Silverlight 2 is in fact different, it has removed support for loading
> bare TTF files from markup.

OK, but it can still load and use bare font files via the WebClient and
FontSource APIs, if this documentation is accurate.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc189021%28VS.95%29.aspx (Search for
references to fonts and FontSource)

Is there some degree of syntactic inconvenience that makes serving of bare
TTF files acceptable?

Rob
53:5-6]