Re: CSS Aliases

I don't see how this would be overly useful. Your initial declaration of
a specified element ".product" is all fine and well enough but if you
required an exception to that you could just as easily define the
exception ".product.service".

Although the way your suggesting would stop the need for multiple
classes,  I do not see a major issue with applying two classes for
specific exceptions.

Given your second example how hard would it be to have a "<tr
class='alternateRow oddRow'>"

The major problem I see with what your suggesting what happens when
someone does this.

@alias selector(.alternateRow) selector(#myTable tr.oddRow)
@alias selector(#myTable tr.oddRow) selector(.alternateRow)

You might think that unlikely but it will happen. Circular reference in
this case would be difficult to deal with to say the least. Not to
mention the poor guy who inherits a style sheet with this defined would
be pretty hard pressed to figure out your intention.

Just my two cents,

Regards,

Barry Rader