Re: CSS Aliases

From: Matt Patenaude <MattPat@mattpat.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 00:13:39 -0400
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Keiji Ikari <kei@teamikaria.com>

Hey Keiji,

On Oct 6, 2008, at 11:56 PM, Keiji Ikari wrote:

> Instead, I'd suggest something like this:
>
> div.(product, service):first-child > h3 + p
>
> So each string (not necessarily a class name) separated by commas in
> the parentheses would be "expanded out" like mathematical brackets and
> would be changed by the parser to
>
> div.product:first-child > h3 + p, div.service:first-child > h3 + p
>
> before being applied.

I actually thought of something like this as well, and I would
probably use this syntax over the one I proposed for new designs.
However, I think this only has half of the capability of the alias
syntax I proposed, and still presents a lot of search-and-replace work
for modifying existing code.

Ideally I'd like to see a little of both. :)

-Matt