Re: CSS Aliases

From: Keiji Ikari <kei@teamikaria.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 04:56:02 +0100
To: "Matt Patenaude" <MattPat@mattpat.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Wouldn't this just be the same as calling .product and .service the same class?

I can see what you're thinking of though, and I sometimes need to do
things like this, but I wouldn't agree with the implementation you
suggested. Instead, I'd suggest something like this:

div.(product, service):first-child > h3 + p

So each string (not necessarily a class name) separated by commas in
the parentheses would be "expanded out" like mathematical brackets and
would be changed by the parser to

div.product:first-child > h3 + p, div.service:first-child > h3 + p

before being applied.