Re: svg fonts as web font format?

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 23:09:00 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

Thomas Phinney wrote:

> Basically, SVG fonts have dropped all sorts of info that would be
+ necessary for web fonts. SVG fonts are only intended for viewing at
+ largish sizes (no hinting). The UA would have to take on responsibility

Although I haven't studied the results of doing this, I believe the SVG
font proponents argue that hinting has been made obsolete by anti-aliasing.

+ for font rendering (assumed in SVG) or translate the font back to

--
David Woolley