From: Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:37:28 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Gustavo Ferreira wrote:
> Op Nov 11, 2008, om 9:14 PM heeft Levantovsky, Vladimir het
> volgende geschreven:
>> I must respectfully disagree. Existing fonts only expose
>> information on embedding restrictions, all other conditions such as
>> scope of use and distribution, etc., are outlined in the actual font
>> license and are not machine-readable.
> i agree with vladimir, current bits do not represent the terms for
> font usage on the web.
> this proposal by fontlab attemps to do so:
> http://www.eeulaa.org/open_type.html

How would EEULAA prevent copyright violations? Anybody *must* be able to
add their own EEULAA table to a font because anybody can create their
own font (ignore the quality for now) and they must be able to express
their *own* license for their own font. As such, tools to
add/modify/remove EEULAA information from a font must be available for

If the target is not to prevent copyright violations (implement DRM),
then why are we having this whole discussion on this list?