On Nov 10, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Dave Singer wrote:

>> So, only files served using a scheme that requires network access
>> would require this? What about other forms of encryption/
>> obfuscation? Would those be illegal?
>
> Specs only tell you what you are required to do;  you can always do
> other things if you want to.

Sorry - "illegal" was a poor choice of words. I mean, say I have some
other spec that uses CSS 3 to style XML documents. However, in that
spec I require all fonts to be raw OTF encrypted using "Brady-13"
hyper-strong encryption. Would those documents no longer be valid CSS
3 documents, since they are not using the CSS approved encryption/
obfuscation mechanism?

--Brady