Re: [gcpm] border-parts

On Nov 5, 2008, at 2:10 AM, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> Also sprach Brad Kemper:
>
>> I was going to have a closer look before I replied with my thoughts,
>> but haven't had time yet. Is there still a way to get a repeating
>> pattern to create a dashed line effect?
>
> Not on 'border-parts', no.
>
> A proposal for this would be welcome -- it should probably target
> CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/
>
> -h&kon
>              Håkon Wium Lie                          CTO °þe®ª
> howcome@opera.com                  http://people.opera.com/howcome

Well then, I would like to see it (or something like it) be put back
in, to make this proposal more widely usable, and to help satisfy a
larger demand (without having a separate proposal for "dash-parts"
that is almost identical). What about about a keyword that makes the
entire pattern into a repeating pattern, instead of just sections of
it? like { border-parts: 20px 10px 0 1fr, repeat }