Re: [CSS 21] overflow:hidden adjacent to a float

From: Ph. Wittenbergh <jk7r-obt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:20:40 +0900
Cc: Ingo Chao <i4chao@googlemail.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
To: CSS <www-style@w3.org>

On May 20, 2008, at 7:43 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> If your concern is that in this case the containing shrink-wrap box
> should be wider, that seems valid; note that the width computation
> for this shrink-wrap box is not defined in the spec either.

I think that is the main concern here. How wide should the _auto-
width_ wrapping floated box be in this case ?
Should it be as wide as the box with 'overflow:hidden', or should the
width of the wrapper include that of the floated inner-box ?

Here is a slightly different test case. It differs from Ingo's
testcase mainly by adding white space after the ':' in the
'overflow:hidden' string.
The other boxes are there for the purpose of reference and comparison.

<http://dev.l-c-n.com/_ingo/bfc/bfcnebenfloat2.html>

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh