Re: [css3-background] box-shadow syntax

I've made, yet another, diagram explaining my idea down to the aboslute
basics. (All shadows in the diagram is set to 50% opacity unless the point
is it is changed.)
http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shadowtrancemaskyq0.png

Two columns one with the 'shadow-mask' and and one without.
There are also four rows, each with a different value from
'shadow-transmittance'.
Any comments on it now? Suggestions? Changes? Just write it.

---

Eli wrote:

> Which reminds me. It isn't clear whether border and padding (and margin?)
> get included in the calculation for how big the shadow is. Are UAs supposed
> to use 'width' and 'height'? (I expect so, but it needs to be asked.)

That's a good question! I'd say padding should effect the shadow. But
margin? hmm, I could see reasons why, but also conditions where it's a
problem. Borders should definitely be projected in the shadow, it would be
weird if they didn't, because borders affect the surrounding elements it
should also affect the shadow.
But margins do that to! Hmm, anyone got some ideas?

-Henrik