Re: Feedback to CSS WG (was CSS WG - Pulling Back the Curtains)

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:28:55 -0500
To: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Alan Gresley wrote:
> I only said this because 3 month ago I requested to you that some of
> our personal exchanges we were having were better for discussion on
> the list which you ignored or just replied anyway. The attribute
> value thread.

That was a specific technical issue that needed to be raised for
resolution by the working group.  The spec was insufficiently clear on
the correct behavior.

>>> Firstly Daniel was supporting Paul from Microsoft. Don't you
>>> consider it worthy of the CSS WG knowing what state IE8 is in.
>> I don't believe I ever said anything about this issue.  I have no
>> idea where this claim is even coming from.  If you do, please
>> enlighten me. Links to sources much appreciated.
>
> I have already supplied this link but I will provide it again.
>
> http://css-class.com/test/bugs/ie/ie-bugs.htm

I see nothing on that page that _I_ said.  So again, where is the "Don't
you consider it worthy of the CSS WG knowing what state IE8 is in"
business coming from?

> Well I though you were. Their is no official list anywhere to my
> knowledge.

That's too bad, yes.  Though the first hit at
http://www.google.com/search?q=css+working+group+members is pretty close.

> I often forget that people don't have access to my head. :-)

Yeah, keeping that in mind is pretty important.  ;)

-Boris