Re: [cssom-view] small update

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
> wrote:
> > >
> > >  * Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> > >  >   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/
> > >

> > >  There are many terms that you use, like content width, context box
> with,
> > >  associated CSS layout box, and current rendering mode, that you never
> > >  properly introduce. Links to their definitions would be very useful.
> > >
> > That is a very good point, Bjoern, and one I noticed, too.
> >
> > The danger is that these props appear to be analagous to properties
> > that have been the source of pain for web developers. Particularly the
> > currentStyle.hasLayout .
> >

> There is nothing like that here. Your speculation is baseless, please
> actually read the spec.

I'm not speculating anything, ROb.

Now, when I mention currentStyle.hasLayout is a source of pain for
developers. I mean exactly that. Apparently you're not using the
hasLayout in your development. Maybe you misunderstood me. I did not
say that there was a currentStyle.hasLayout property. Maybe based on
your misunderstanding, you got mad, then tried to act nice by saying
"please."

Finally, if there is a particluar part of the spec you want to
mention, then mention it.

Go ahead and question what I wrote, Rob, but do not make false
accusations based on your assumption about what I think.

Garrett