Re: WebKit now supports CSS Variables

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:25:35 -0700
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
CC: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

Daniel Glazman wrote:

> Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>
>> The only bonus of CSS @vars from CSS @const is the ability to change
>> their values by script in runtime. I haven't heard anyone asking for
>> such a feature...
>
> Because this mailing-list is supposed to be representative of the
> web designers' community ???
> Hyatt and I have received a lot of very positive feedback by email,
> inclusing improvements suggestions. A lot of blogs have vocally lauded
> our proposal...*

I know, CSS @const also had got enough of "wow"s so I've decided to
publish the concept here.

I suspect that all feedback is about var/const principle in general:
"write value once - use by name everywhere".

But do you have any feedback on that scriptability feature of CSS @vars?
Just curious...

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.