Re: WebKit now supports CSS Variables

From: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 22:10:36 -0700
Cc: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>

On Jun 24, 2008, at 9:38 PM, David Hyatt wrote:

> I am not averse to the idea of reusable property/value clusters.

How about variables that represent long strings of selector text? I
often have to right some rather complex selectors to make up for
poorly written HTML, and then repeat large parts of them. Having a
short variable to replace long selectors would probably be more useful
to me than any other type of CSS variable. It also makes it handy when
the HTML gets rewritten and the selectors need to be rewritten to
match it.