Re: WebKit now supports CSS Variables

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 21:24:54 +0200
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Cc: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> I still think variables could be a good idea, though -- just not
> global variables.

It's amazing but I have the exact opposite opinion : I still think
that non-global variables have zilch interest. Furthermore, it will
complexify so much the Object Model that it will become almost
unusable by web authors for dynamic effects. As I said, it will also
be useless for corporation-wide design charters.

And in terms of 'globality', everything remains restricted only
to stylesheets.

</Daniel>