Re: Fw: Box-shadow : Why not follow the standardized OpenXML specification ?

From: Francois Remy <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:00:59 +0200
To: "Henrik Hansen" <henrikb4@gmail.com>, "CSS 3 W3C Group" <www-style@w3.org>

Thanks for your interesting response.

> Text-shadow and box-shadow are quite similar i both function and
> syntax. We've already discussed how we could improve the functionality
> of box-shadow, but of course new features are welcome.

I think OOXML is not adding a lot of features to your model.

But it should be great that you have a look to it. Not for follow
it at 100%, but to be sure that all things that are possible with
this specification is also possible with yours too.

I don't want to make CSS a "paste" of OOXML, this is in fact a bad idea.

> But why follow a new standard (like openXML or ODF) if we already have
> an older standard that is already in use? Shouldn't OOXML and ODF make
> standards that look like them? 'cause according to you the new
> standards should reflect the older.

They have more ambitious purposes, so they implements more features and
properties. I think it's quite normal.

CSS can (and must, I think) evolve to allow each time more things to be done
by
the developpers whithout any use of images and external design modules (like
flash, ...).

Regards,
Fremy