Re: [css3-mediaqueries] clarification of text for (feature)

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:49:44 +0200, Stewart Brodie
<stewart.brodie@antplc.com> wrote:
> On reflection, I chose a bad example as I was mixing up two issues: the
> first being that the wording is a little opaque in the penultimate
> sentence;
> the second being the meaning of (min-width).  Sorry for that.
>
> When the specification says "Media features that are min/max prefixed are
> treated in an identical way", what does that actually mean - identical to
> what?  The feature without the min/max prefix?  Is it saying that both
> "(min-width)" and "(max-width)" are identical to just "(width)"?

That you should treat (min-width) equivalently to (width). It says that
because min-width is not actually a media feature, it's just a prefixed
form of the media feature width. (I don't believe this distinction has any
advantage though.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>