Re: Parent Combinator / Parent pseudo-class

On Jul 23, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

>> The use-cases have already been noted, and are relatively significant
>
> I don't think anyone is debating it.  What UA implementors are
> saying is that they haven't thought of a good way to implement it
> yet without crippling performance of DOM mutation, and they aren't
> willing to cripple that.
>
> -Boris

Can you post a test case, using JavaScript to simulate this, to show
how slow? Where one element with a child is thus selected? Computers
are pretty fast these days, and I have doubts about how crippling slow
it would be if used sparingly at the author's discretion.