Re: Proposal: content-size value for 'height'

From: Michael A. Puls II <shadow2531@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:55:16 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
Although supporting a content-size value for the height property is my
main suggestion, I think it should work for the width property also,
as that's harder to do via script.

Attached is one way to do content-size for height via script, but as
you'll see, it doesn't work for width because offsetWidth isn't useful
in this case (it reports the width of the frame).

The script way is also limited to the same domain in FF and Opera
(except that Safari seems to allow localhost -> remote in this case at
least).

I didn't comment on the min-width: min-intrinsic and the width:
max-intrinsic stuff as I'm not sure whether they'd do what
content-size would do or not or how to use them to get a content-size
result.

--
Michael