Re: Re[26]: css with attribues [software]

On 22 Jan 2008, at 14:24, Dmitry Turin wrote:
> DD> what something is is not determined by where you put it.
>
> Not 'where', but 'how much time'.

The time it takes to turn a background blue doesn't change that a
blue background is a matter of presentation. The time it takes to
state that the primary language of a document is English doesn't
change that that information is not a matter of presentation.

>>>   If acronym are in several places of document,
>>> it's reasonable to put its expansion into css.
>>>   If language are the same for several documents,
>>> it's reasonable to put it into css.
> DD> No, it isn't, because those pieces of data are about meaning
> not style.
>
> You mess up 'what is style' and 'where are saved'.

No. You seem to have difficulty separating the two concepts.

> DD> Media types is the obvious one.
>
> As was said,
>
> @media all {
>   tag {attr:val}
> }

And I explained why that was insufficient.

> DD> The Oxford English Dictionary.
>
> I found in Wikipedia, but i'm not finding bond between
> quoted question and OED.

The definitions of "presentational", "appearance", "style" and
"content" that you are using seem to different from the meanings that
the W3C, the Oxford English Dictionary, and the rest the world use.
this is proving to be a barrier to this discussion.

> DD> there are other types of selectors in CSS, so a selector can be
> DD> written to match an element without creating a class.
>
> I said, that eigther redundant 'style=',
> or unique class for unique place.
> You are objecting me, but don't explain by what.

I have explained what, in simple terms, in different ways, and with
reference to the relevant bits of the specifications. If you still
can't grasp it, then I'm going to give up trying to explain.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/