Section 10.3.8 really needs to be fixed

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:49:43 -0600
To: CSS <www-style@w3.org>

This compliance change we made in WebKit to match section 10.3.8 of
CSS2.1 continues to cause problems on the real-world Web.  We've
gotten numerous bugs on this issue, and I've brought this up before.

The spec is just plain wrong.  The results it gives don't match the
common sense rendering that Web site authors would expect for:

<iframe style="position:absolute;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0"></

If I specify a top, bottom, right and left of 0, then why on earth
should the object's intrinsic width or height override?  It's
completely counter-intuitive that you can't use this pattern to
stretch an iframe or image in CSS2.1.

Note that Firefox 3 even interprets the spec very literally and
doesn't stretch in the left/right case but does in the top/bottom case
(this behavior is even crazier IMO).

This section of the spec needs to be amended.