Re: Re[25]: css with attribues [hardware]

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 07:22:03 +0000
To: CSS Style <www-style@w3.org>

On 20 Jan 2008, at 21:28, Dmitry Turin wrote:
> DD> Lynx is a browser. Lynx does not support JavaScript.

> It cover very little part of population.
> To my mind, it's anachronism.

To my mind it is a small, fast, useful tool.

>>> should download css before parsing html.
> DD> Why?
>
> To get benefit of proposal.

But CSS is supposed to be an optional presentational layer. The
operative word should be "may" not "should".

> DD> You still haven't provided any examples.
>
> I have no statistics.

I asked for examples, not statistics.

>>> out
> DD> URIs that are being linked to,
>
> These are places with unique information -
> they will remain in htm-file.

Your proposal would allow them to appear in the stylesheet.

> DD> This would include expansions of acronyms,
> DD> language the document is written in
>
>   If acronym are in several places of document,
> it's reasonable to put its expansion into css.
>   If language are the same for several documents,
> it's reasonable to put it into css.

No, it isn't, because those pieces of data are about meaning not style.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/