Re: [css3-mediaqueries] Request for feedback on syntax

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 21:49:03 +0100
To: W3C Style List <www-style@w3.org>

We should try to close the issue of a formal syntax for Media Queries.
The CSS WG discussed it yesterday and reached the following consensus:

  - escapes should be handled according to the rules of the host
    language. (This means one cannot always cut and paste between HTML
    and CSS files, but escapes aren't that common so the use case is
    slim.)

  - the CSS syntax should otherwise be used, including comments
    (Comments are not expected to be used much, but they're quite easy
    to remove in the parsing process so we might as well keep them in)

We still need to write a formal grammar. Any volunteers?

Cheers,

-h&kon