Re[14]: css with attribues

From: Dmitry Turin <sql4-en@narod.ru>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:06:59 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

David,

>> Media must be ignored for attributes in css.
DD> (a) Very unintuitive and
DD> (b) Forces clients to download all stylesheets

(a) Other variant is to create cas-file (file with only attributes),
and to put
<link href="a.css" type="text/css">
<link href="a.cas" type="text/cas">
But man will be still duty to remember,
what characteristic is for CAS ('attribute' in old terms),
and what characteristic is for CSS ('property' in old terms).
This separation really has nothing common with intuition !

(b) Users look pages under css, so browser download css-file in both cases.
    Robot will download 1 css-file in addition to 100 html-files
of each site. What are you economize !!

>> non-realtime UA can parse after downloading of csas-file.
DD> That still means they have to built an in memory DOM tree and modify
DD> it based on the stylesheet.

Yes, and what ?

>> 'Browser' in this context means realtime UA
>> (working in "trigger" mode).
DD> All user agents need to be supported.

I consider all UAs, but separately realtime and non-realtime UAs.

Dmitry Turin
SQL5      (5.9.1)  http://sql50.euro.ru
HTML6     (6.5.1)  http://html60.euro.ru
Unicode7  (7.2.1)  http://unicode70.euro.ru