Re: Re[6]: css with attribues (was: Re[2]: [CSS] Would be nice if...)

On 11 Jan 2008, at 14:04, Dmitry Turin wrote:
> DD> It also needs to implement media types
>
> Strongly disagreed !
> Now we don't assign or not assign attributes depending media types.

Well, that is one way to make error checking difficult. "If the link
element has as a media attribute with a value other than all, then
the stylesheet is not allowed to contain semantics".

> DD> do something about the case where the style sheet
> DD> is still downloading
>
> Re-rendering during downloading. I'm sure,
> that very small quantity of attributes will be migrated to CSS
> (because author will specify such attributes in CSS,
> which attributes he use in suppressing majority of documents),

I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

> so re-rendering will be in very small quantity of places.

The user agent would still need to support it.

> DD> It is significantly more complicated then simply parsing HTML.
>
> This depend of nature of browser engine - to what is it more similar:
> to end-to-end linear transformation of html-text into screen image;

Screen image? There are plenty of user agents which don't output to
the screen. GoogleBot springs to mind.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/